- Kneel down to observe your refrigerator's grille. Notice the round head of the filter peeking out from the grille.
- Push the button to the side of the filter, and pull the old filter away from the grille to remove.
- Twist the white plastic cap on the old filter counterclockwise to remove. Dispose of the old filter.
- Peel away the red protective cover on the Pur 4396841 replacement filter.
- Replace the white plastic cap on the head of the new filter.
- Insert the replacement filter into the grille. Push the filter in place until it clicks.
- Place a tall glass or cup beneath your refrigerator's water dispensing unit.
- Press the water dispenser lever at 5 second intervals -- 5 seconds on followed by 5 seconds off -- over a period of 2 minutes to flush air from the filter.
Things You Will Need
- Tall drinking glass
- Cut down on waste and cost of bottled water by using your water filtration system coupled with reusable water bottles.