- Stop the Whirlpool dryer and look inside the dryer's drum for any loose objects such as coins, pens or anything else that may have been in a pocket of clothing. Remove the object and restart the dyer to determine if the noise has stopped.
- Unplug the dryer from the wall outlet to disconnect all power to the unit.
- Remove the lint trap from the lint compartment on the top of the dryer.
- Remove the screws that hold the top panel in place. Pull the panel off to access the dryer belt.
- Tilt the dryer forward and lift the dryer drum to remove the belt. Check the dryer's belt. A belt that is worn, cracked, split or broken will cause loud noises.
- Slide the old belt off of the drum and pull it out to remove it. Take note on how it is positioned over the drum.
- Install the new belt. Lean the front panel away from the dryer and slip the new belt over the drum. Locate the position of the old belt and slip the new belt following the old belt's position ensuring the grooved side of the belt faces down. Push the idler pulley towards the motor to allow you to slip and loop the belt around the motor pulley.
- Place the top panel on the Whirlpool dryer and screw it in place.
- Open the dryer door and use your hand to rotate the drum counterclockwise a few turns to ensure the belt is secured.
- Plug the dryer into the wall unit and begin use. If the noise still exists, you'll want to call a professional repair technician.
How to Fix Loud Noises in a Whirlpool Dryer
Loud noises coming from a Whirlpool dryer are most often caused by loose objects inside the unit or by a broken dryer belt. The dryer belt allows the dryer's motor to run smoothly. Continuous wear and dry conditions may cause the belt to dry out, eventually cracking and then snapping. This will cause a loud noise within the unit. Repair and fix the dryer belt of a Whirlpool dryer to get rid of loud noises.
Things You Will Need
- How to Replace a Thermal Fuse in an Admiral Capacity Plus Dryer
- How to Change the Heating Element in a Kenmore Dryer
- How to Troubleshoot a Kenmore Dryer That Is Not Drying
- How to Change a Maytag Dryer Model Sde3606ayw Belt
- How to Troubleshoot Noise in a Dryer
- How to Replace the Sensor in a GE Dryer
- How to Thaw a Steak in a Toaster Oven
- How to Repair a Whirlpool Dryer That Won't Spin
- How to Fix a Squeaky GE Spacemaker Dryer
- How to Replace a Door Latch on a Dryer
- How to Wire a Generator to a Dryer Outlet
- How to Replace a Belt on a Whirlpool Washing Machine
- How to Remove Yellow Stains From Whites
- How to Fix a Dryer Door