- Locate the battery compartments on your Baby Elmo doll. A compartment is located on the bottom of each foot of the doll.
- Use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the single screw holding on each of the battery compartments. Do not lose these screws. Pull off the cover to the battery compartment with your hand. You can also slip your fingernail between the base of the toy and the cover to pull it off.
- Flip the power switch on the inside of the battery compartment to "Off."
- Remove the existing batteries inside the Baby Elmo doll and set them aside. Your Baby Elmo doll is ready for washing.
How to Remove the Battery Pack to Wash a Baby Elmo
If your toddler has gotten his or her Baby Elmo toy dirty, you're in luck: the doll is specifically designed to be "surface washable," which means that you can take a damp rag or cloth and clean it right up. However, it's important to remove the battery pack in the doll prior to washing. Your failure to do so may cause an electric shock, or it could permanently damage what is sure to be one of your child's favorite toys.
Things You Will Need
- How to Use Dewalt Batteries in Black & Decker Power Tools
- How to Replace the Battery in a Grill Ignitor
- How Do I Know If a Black and Decker 12V Cordless Is Charging?
- How to Remove Rust Stains From Exterior Paint
- How to Replace the Battery Pack on a Hand Vac CHV1400
- How to Clean Oxidation off of Gray Plastic Car Bumpers