How to Remove the Battery Pack to Wash a Baby Elmo
If your toddler has gotten his or her Baby Elmo toy dirty, you're in luck: the doll is specifically designed to be "surface washable," which means that you can take a damp rag or cloth and clean it right up. However, it's important to remove the battery pack in the doll prior to washing. Your failure to do so may cause an electric shock, or it could permanently damage what is sure to be one of your child's favorite toys.
Locate the battery compartments on your Baby Elmo doll. A compartment is located on the bottom of each foot of the doll.
Use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the single screw holding on each of the battery compartments. Do not lose these screws. Pull off the cover to the battery compartment with your hand. You can also slip your fingernail between the base of the toy and the cover to pull it off.
Flip the power switch on the inside of the battery compartment to "Off."
Remove the existing batteries inside the Baby Elmo doll and set them aside. Your Baby Elmo doll is ready for washing.
Stephen Lilley is a freelance writer who hopes to one day make a career writing for film and television. His articles have appeared on a variety of websites. Lilley holds a Bachelor of Arts in film and video production from the University of Toledo in Ohio.
- How to Remove Gel Deodorant Stains
- How to Remove a Samsung RF217 Ice Maker
- Swivel Sweeper Battery Charging Instructions
- How to Change the Batteries in a Dirt Devil Kone
- How to Find the Model Number for a Maytag Oversize Capacity Plus & Quiet Plus
- How to Remove the Back Filter Cover From a Kenmore Progressive Canister Vacuum Cleaner