Place the two 1"x6"x36" boards on a worktable along with the two 1"x6"x16 1/2" boards. Apply wood glue to the ends of the 16 1/2-inch boards.
Attach them between the two 36-inch boards with the 6-penny nails. This is the frame of the pull cart. Clean excess glue with a damp cloth.
Apply glue to the four edges of the 34 1/2"x16 1/2"x3/4" plywood. Slip it inside the frame of the pull cart. This is the bottom of the pull cart. Secure it through the frame with the finish nails. Clean excess glue with a damp cloth.
Install the piano hinge to one end of the 1"x6"x30" board. This is the handle of the pull cart. Secure the handle to the center of one of the 16 1/2-inch boards of the frame. Install the 3-inch cabinet door handle to the other end of the pull handle.
Turn the pull cart upside down. Install the casters to the bottom of the pull cart, one in each of the four corners.
Things You Will Need
- 1"x6"x36"x boards, 2
- 1"x6"x16" 1/2-inch boards, 2
- Wood glue
- 6-penny finish nails, small box
- Damp cloth
- 34 1/2"x16 1/2"x3/4" piece of plywood
- 5 1/2-inch piano hinge w/screws
- 1"x6"x30" board
- Variable speed drill
- Philips head screw tip
- 3-inch cabinet door handle
- 4-inch swivel casters w/screws
- Substitute screws for the nails if desired.
- Sand the entire cart before applying a finish.