How to Troubleshoot the Lock Control on a KitchenAid Gas Range
The control lock on the KitchenAid gas oven shuts down the control panel. It allows a person to turn the timer on or off, turn on the oven light or turn off the oven when the lock is engaged. It prevents anyone from turning on the oven or adjusting the oven temperatures.
Turn the oven to “Bake” or “Broil.” Inspect the control pad to ensure that the indicator for the timer is off.
Press and hold the “Start” button for five seconds to turn on the lock feature. If the “CONTROL LOCK” icon displays on the control pad, the control unit has turned on the lock.
Press the temperature control's "up" or "down" arrows to attempt oven adjustment. If the temperature indicator does not increase or decrease respectively, the lock is working.
Press the timer and oven light buttons. Both of these functions must operate normally.
Press the “Start” button and hold it for five seconds; this turns off the control lock. The “CONTROL LOCK” icon disappears.
- If any function does not work as specified, contact a KitchenAid repair facility to have the control panel repaired.
- How to Change Controls on Danby Kegerators
- How to Troubleshoot a Beeping F7 on a Magic Chef Oven
- How to Turn Off the Lock Light on the Kenmore Elite Electric Cooktop
- How to Fix Locked Dryer Controls on a Whirlpool Duet
- How to Unlock a KitchenAid Electric Superba Range
- How to Get the Lock off a GE Monogram Oven