How to Troubleshoot the Lock Control on a KitchenAid Gas Range
The control lock on the KitchenAid gas oven shuts down the control panel. It allows a person to turn the timer on or off, turn on the oven light or turn off the oven when the lock is engaged. It prevents anyone from turning on the oven or adjusting the oven temperatures.
Turn the oven to “Bake” or “Broil.” Inspect the control pad to ensure that the indicator for the timer is off.
Press and hold the “Start” button for five seconds to turn on the lock feature. If the “CONTROL LOCK” icon displays on the control pad, the control unit has turned on the lock.
Press the temperature control's "up" or "down" arrows to attempt oven adjustment. If the temperature indicator does not increase or decrease respectively, the lock is working.
Press the timer and oven light buttons. Both of these functions must operate normally.
Press the “Start” button and hold it for five seconds; this turns off the control lock. The “CONTROL LOCK” icon disappears.
- If any function does not work as specified, contact a KitchenAid repair facility to have the control panel repaired.
Since 2006 Zyon Silket has been writing for companies such as SEOWhat, L&C Freelancing and T-Mobile Wireless. He has extensive experience working in supervisory roles within the wireless and Internet technologies fields. Silket is pursuing a Bachelor of Arts in business management and network technologies at Lehigh Carbon Community College.
- How to Troubleshoot a Whirlpool Range
- How Do I Change My Coleman Hot Tub From Economy Mode to Standard?
- Fixing a GE Oven Door Lock That Is Stuck
- How Do I Change My Differential Setting on My Honeywell CT3600 Thermostat?
- How to Turn Off the Lock Light on the Kenmore Elite Electric Cooktop
- How to Remove the Lower Arm Assembly on a Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher