How to Remove the Drain Filter in a GE Monogram Dishwasher
Removing the drain filter in a GE Monogram dishwasher is sometimes necessary for thorough cleaning. Small food items and labels from dishware sometimes build up between the bottom of the fine filter and the bottom of the tub. Removing the fine drain filter requires some disassembly of the GE Monogram dishwasher. This is because the spray arm and large debris or glass trap filter assemble on top of the fine filter.
Go to your home electrical panel box and turn off the circuit breaker to the GE Monogram dishwasher. Once the circuit breaker is off, open the dishwasher door and pull the lower rack completely out of the dishwasher.
Grab the center of the lower spray arm, and lift it straight up. The spray arm will unclip from the hub. Turn the hub on the center of the dishwasher counterclockwise until it pulls free of the pump.
Turn the glass trap counterclockwise and lift it out of the dishwasher. The glass trap is the filter that sits in front of the spray arm hub and through the fine filter screen.
Lift the fine filter screen from the center with your hands. Remove the filter from the dishwasher for cleaning.
- When reassembling, be sure to push down on the center of the spray arm so it connects securely. Rotate the spray arm to ensure it rotates freely.
- How to Remove the Filter in a Whirlpool Quiet Plus Dishwasher
- How to Replace the Float Switch Assembly on a Bosch Dishwasher
- How to Keep a Dishwasher From Tilting Forward When the Door Is Opened
- How to Change a Filter on a Maytag Jetclean Dishwasher
- How to Attach the Door Front to a Whirlpool Integrated Dishwasher
- How to Remove the Dishwasher Filter Cover for a GE QuietPower