How to Install a Frigidaire Front Load Washer Drawer Magnet
Frigidaire washers, and some Kenmore brand washers manufactured by Frigidaire, have a small magnet clipped into the base of the detergent drawer that helps the internal computer detect when the drawer is closed. It's not uncommon for the magnet to pop out of its slot without warning and cause a problem starting the wash. Once the small piece of metal is back in position, the washing machine will return to normal.
Pull the dispenser drawer out as far as it will go and remove it from the washing machine.
Flip the drawer over and locate the small square section containing a plastic clip on the right side.
Push the metal magnet into the section until the plastic clip snaps and holds it in position.
Flip the drawer back up the right way and push it back into the washing machine. The appliance is now ready for use.
- Jupiterimages/Pixland/Getty Images
- How to Remove the Dishwasher Spray Arm in a GE Triton XL
- How to Reset a Sears Refrigerator
- How to Remove the Back Filter Cover From a Kenmore Progressive Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- How to Run a Chest Freezer on 12V
- How to Replace the Agitator Shaft on a GE Hydrowave Washing Machine
- How to Remove the Front Panel on a Kenmore Elite Refrigerator