How to Install Diffusers for Fluorescent Lights
Installing diffusers on fluorescent lights is a great way to add decorative accents to boring or drab fluorescent lights. Diffusers come in a variety of different styles and shapes to fit different lamp holders and decors. Diffusers can be purchased online or in many home-improvement stores such as Home Depot and Lowe's. It is often possible to find a greater variety of diffusers online that are not available in the home-improvement stores.
Installing the Diffuser
Position the ladder under the the fluorescent light that will be changed out.
Use a screwdriver to remove the old diffuser from the fixture. Most fluorescent fixtures come with factory installed acrylic diffusers that are not very attractive.
Snap in the new diffuser or use the screwdriver to secure it to the fluorescent fixture. Depending on the fixture, there may be screws to secure the diffuser and a screwdriver may be needed.
Enjoy your new decorative fluorescent fixture complete with a new diffuser.
- Some diffusers are very fragile and require special handling.
David H. VerEecke began writing professionally in 2008 and focuses on health and fitness topics. He has been published in Respondez!, the University of Tampa's nonfiction journal, and sits on the editorial board for the book currently. He has a B.S. in finance from the University of Tampa.
- How to Remove the Back Filter Cover From a Kenmore Progressive Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- How to Mount a Light on a Ceiling With Radiant Heat
- How to Turn Off the Lock Light on the Kenmore Elite Electric Cooktop
- How to Change the Light Bulb in a Whirlpool Duet Dryer
- Eljer Lavatory Faucet Repair
- How to Change Lights on a Harbor Breeze 52 Aero Bronze Ceiling Fan