Easy Way to Remove Wallpaper Glue
Wallpaper is attached to a wall using wallpaper glue. The glue must adhere to both the wall and wallpaper securely to keep the wallpaper from detaching from the wall. This will make it difficult to remove the glue even after the wallpaper is removed. You do not have to vigorously scrub or sand the wallpaper glue off of the wall. Applying a mixture of fabric softener and water will help you remove wallpaper glue in as little as an afternoon.
Pour 1/2 cup fabric softener and 1/2 cup warm water into a spray bottle. Screw the top on and gently shake it to mix the ingredients together.
Spray the mixture onto the wallpaper glue and let it sit on the wall until the glue has softened.
Gently scrape the softened glue off the wall with a putty knife. Have a plastic bag nearby so you can put the glue remnants in it.
Apply some of the mixture to a sponge and wipe the area to remove any remaining residue.
- Place a tarp on the floor where you are working if the flooring is susceptible to water damage.
Stormy Lee has been writing professionally since 1997. Many of her articles appear online at various websites. Lee specializes in writing education-related articles and has experience in proofreading and writing reviews for schools in Palm Beach County. Lee holds a master's degree in education from Florida Atlantic University.
- Gary Houlder/Lifesize/Getty Images
- How to Attach the Door Front to a Whirlpool Integrated Dishwasher
- Recipe for No-Rinse Wall Cleaner
- How to Disconnect an LG Frontloader Washing Machine
- How Do I Run a Diagnostic Test on My Whirlpool Duet Sport Washer?
- A Home Remedy Pest Control for Hibiscus Ladybugs
- How to Freeze Proof Washing Machines