- Set the tray into place on the scale, and turn the scale on.
- Press the "g/oz/WT" button to put the scale in weighing mode. Wait until the display screen reads "0.0."
- Place the food to be weighed on the scale. Read the weight, which is the large number in the middle of the display. Press and hold the "g/oz/WT" button to switch between ounces, grams and pounds.
- Press the "CLR/MC" button until the display shows "000." This means the three-digit food code has cleared. Check the included manual for the scale code of the food you are weighing, and then key in the three-digit code.
- Press different buttons in order to determine nutritional information. The "cal" button calculates calories, and the "fat" button shows grams of fat in the portion. Press the "prot," "fibr" and "carb" buttons to obtain a readout of the grams of protein, fiber and carbohydrates in your food. The "chol" and "salt" buttons calculate milligrams of cholesterol and salt.
- Clean your Salter scale with a rag and gentle soap.