How to Locate a Model Number on a GE Refrigerator
General Electric makes more than 200 refrigerator models. The appliances are split between models with side-by-side refrigerator and freezer and models with a stacked freezer and refrigerator configuration. The model number is printed on a sticker or metal plate. GE puts the model number at different locations depending on your model and type. You may need the model number for service requests or replacement parts.
Open the refrigerator door on a side-by-side model. Look for the model number in one of these visible places: on the ceiling facing out toward the room, on the bottom center or the left or right walls near the crisper drawers. Pull out the crisper draws and look at the back of the space to locate an additional place where the model number may be located.
Open both the refrigerator and freezer doors on models with a freezer on top. Find the model number next to the temperature control, on the freezer ceiling facing out toward the room, on the bottom front paneling facing out toward the room and on the side walls near the crisper drawers. Remove the crisper drawers and look at the back of the space for an additional possible location.
Open the freezer door on models with the freezer compartment underneath the refrigerator. Locate the model number on either the left or right wall. You may also find the plate on the ceiling of the fresh-food compartment near the top.
- Write down your GE refrigerator model number in a safe, separate location in case the sticker or plate becomes unreadable.
- How to Find the Model Number on My Members Mark Grill
- How to Remove the Back Filter Cover From a Kenmore Progressive Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- How to Decide How Many Recessed Lights Are Needed
- How to Calculate General Lighting in Square Feet
- How to Choose Ceiling Medallion Size
- Normal Bulkhead Size for Kitchen Cupboards