- Lift up one of the upper corners of the film with the help of a razor blade or utility knife. Do the same with the other corner. Pull both corners toward the middle of the window. Then pull the film away from the window from the top down.
- Continue to peel the film away from the window until it is completely removed.
- Remove any small pieces of film left on the window with a razor blade scraper. Look around the perimeter of the window to be sure all of the film has been removed.
- Spray the window with a window film removal solution, such as Gila, and wipe the window with a clean cloth rag. This will remove the adhesive left on the window. Then spray the window with window cleaner and wipe with a cloth rag to give the window a final cleaning.
Things You Will Need
- Utility knife Razor blade Window film removal solution Cloth rags Window cleaner Paper towels
- Commercial window film applications are removed in the same way residential films are removed.