- Open the door to oven halfway and grab it on each side. Lift up on the door to disengage it from the hinges and set it in an area you can work on it.
- Stand the door on its bottom. The door does not need to be taken completely apart.
- Remove the two screws that hold the face of the door to the inside panel using a phillips head screwdriver.
- Spread the panels apart enough that the inside of the face panel can be accessed. Do not remove the insulation, but push it toward the inside panel of the door.
- Remove the retaining nut on each side that holds the handle to the door using an appropriate size socket wrench.
- Remove the old handle from the door. Line up the new handle and attach it to the door using the retaining nuts.
- Push the inside panel back into the face panel. Line up the holes for the attaching screws at the top. Tighten the screws without over tightening them.
- Replace the door back into the hinges and close the door.
Things You Will Need
- New Door Handle
- Socket Wrench Set
- The door may not need to be removed from the range completely, depending upon your model.