- Turn off the power to the Kenmore refrigerator at the main circuit, or unplug the refrigerator from the wall.
- Locate the refrigerator filter grill cap on the lower refrigerator grill next to the floor. It is a small circle, about 2 inches in diameter, in the middle of the grill.
- Press on the cartridge release button located just to the left of the refrigerator filter grill cap.
- Pull the filter out of the grill opening.
- Remove the cap from the end of the water filter.
How to Remove the Water Filter in a Kenmore
If the water dispensed by your Kenmore refrigerator tastes a little funny, it might be time to remove the water filter so you can replace it with a new one. In many of the Kenmore models, such as the Elite series, the filter is integrated into the refrigerator design. Removing the water filter in these Kenmore models doesn't require you to turn off the water supply, and there are no special tools needed.
- The above steps are guidelines. Always consult your owner's manual when removing the water filter from a Kenmore appliance.